Hotel RON is located in the centre of Mikulášovice (next to the Church of St. Nicholas in the historical centre of the original village), a town on the border with Germany (50 km from Dresden) in the northernmost part of the Czech Republic.
The nearby Bohemian and Saxon Switzerland National Parks, the Elbe Sandstone Mountains and Lusatian Mountains protected landscape areas are popular tourist destinations famed for their romantic locations.
The hotel is ideally situated for anyone intent on exploring the beauty of our region’s diverse landscapes and wildlife, and the many historical and cultural monuments in Mikulášovice and the towns and villages in its vicinity.
The hotel itself has been renovated and is a protected cultural monument.
We offer high-quality accommodation and comfort for your holidays or just weekends in the middle of one of the most attractive tourist destinations in the Czech Republic.
The building is a protected cultural monument, registered on 3 May 1958 as a ‘rural homestead’, and it is the oldest building in Mikulášovice preserved in its original form.
The half-timbered house, built around 1780 during the reign of the Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II, was originally constructed to provide hospitality services, and it also included farming facilities. It was renovated once more for these purposes in 1993.
The architectural project to renovate this cultural monument was prepared by Antonín Studený, an architect, who, together with the Czech Heritage Institute, meticulously preserved the original materials and the original external and internal appearance of the building – the historically valuable spaces and elements, especially the wooden beamed ceilings in the restaurant, lounge and hotel rooms, the vaulted ceilings in the beer hall, wine cellar and other cellar spaces, as well as the original stone floor in the building’s main corridor.
The entire interior emanates a pleasant ambience of times.
A total of five adits have been mapped in Mikulášovice and in its vicinity thus far, which can be regarded as horizontal waterworks, also referred to as ‘peasant wells’. It is unknown exactly when they were built, but they could date as far back as the 16th or 17th century. Only the adit in Hotel RON continues to be used for its original purpose to this day. The low corridor, most of it in the Gothic style, is almost 200 metres long, leading up to the retention dam, from where drinking water is drawn. It then splits in three directions, which have not (yet) been mapped.
Just outside the hotel there is a statue of St. John of Nepomuk and, facing the hotel, a statue of the Virgin Mary (at No. 8), both from the second half of the 18th century.
Our guests can enjoy a wide array of activities regardless of the time of year. Whether it is cycling and hiking along well-marked trails on both sides of the state border, or swimming in the local natural swimming pool, using the tennis and volleyball courts or the football pitch.
In winter you can go downhill or cross-country skiing on the nearby groomed slopes and trails, as well as using the local sports hall that also houses a gym.
“We speak Czech, German and English.”